- Written by Ronald van Haaften
- Hits: 945
1.2.4 Central question
In continuation on the objective, a conceptual model has been formed and three central questions have been formulated with additional sub questions:
- 1. Which are the criteria for appraisal of corporate branding?
- 1.1. Which general characteristics of corporate branding can be defined?
- 1.2. Which criteria can be drawn from the theory of corporate branding?
- 1.3. Which criteria can be drawn from internal documents?
- 1.4. Which criteria can be formulated on the basis of 1.2 and 1.3 and how to classify these?
- 1.5. Which appreciation can be defined for the effectiveness and strength of corporate branding?
I have chosen to study the latest scientific literature as published by the most influential experts of brand theory. I will not try to achieve a comprehensive summary of corporate branding in all facets. The playing field of branding is simply too broad and too deep. Thousands of pages have been written, hundreds of books have been published.
With a strong focus on my research questions, I will limit myself to the most relevant theory of branding, which could contribute to multinationals and to my cognitive development. This does not mean that I allow myself to restrict my research to the extent of what I am familiar with.